Friday, June 8, 2007

A Believers Missional Life

....Your Kingdom Come, Your Will be Done, on Earth as it is in Heaven....

Diverse groups of Christ followers, being led by God's Spirit, are being drawn toward living their Christian life with Kingdom Purpose. Some of these groups are large, like Empowering Kingdom Growth and some are small, like Harvest Christian Center. Some have written books, like Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life and Purpose Driven Church. We are being drawn to understand our Kingdom Purpose, whether in church or missionary work, business, the arts, government, social advocacy, or education.

Two questions to ask:

  1. Am I individually serving the Kingdom Purpose God has for me? This includes time with God, cultivating relationships with the lost and with believers, being good stewards of my time, my responsibilities, my health.

There are several great studies to help you find your talents, gifts, passion and place of service. Network is a great book by Bill Hybles, an a series of online Survey by the Elca.org, and Another self assessment survey by Kodachrome.org are good starts

  1. Are the organizations in which I have a role serving their kingdom Purpose? This includes my Family, My Small group, My place of employment, My church.

Here are some questions to help you answer the individual question. Here are four dimensions to explore to help you find where your ministry fits in Gods transformational plan.

No comments: